Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Finish Pass

IMService Discussion Forum » SltWork » Finish Pass « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Alan Simpson (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest
Posted on Friday, October 11, 2002 - 03:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How do you generate a finish pass as a single pass and not multiple passes that all but the last are cutting air?

support (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 237
Posted on Friday, October 11, 2002 - 05:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

On the cutting strategies dialog, make sure the Z step is greater than the absolute value of the Z1 number in the strategy footprint section. For example if the model is 1.5 inches high, the Z1 value will be -1.5. Set your Z step at 1.5 or larger. Then all the material will be removed in one pass.

All waterline toolpaths are finish passes, you cannot rough with waterline in StlWork.

Fred Smith - IMService

Mark Stacey (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, October 17, 2002 - 04:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi I'm slowly getting to grips with the demo thanks to the help files and the forum posts.
I'm enjoying STLworks 3D flowing shapes capability but I'm wondering if there is there a better way to include drilling cycles from my Centrod M15 controller, other than cut and pasting the G code on the text editor?
Cheers
Mark Stacey

support (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 253
Posted on Thursday, October 17, 2002 - 07:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Mark, StlWork is designed for surface machining of stl files. You may be interested in our VectorCam product for drilling cycles and many other processes as well. It has face milling, pocketing, tool offsetting and a variety of other functions for milling, turning and even wire edm.

IMService Products

Fred Smith - IMService

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page