Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

.STL FILES DO NOT OPEN

IMService Discussion Forum » SltWork » .STL FILES DO NOT OPEN « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

JOE CULPEPPER (Joe)
Username: Joe

Post Number: 14
Posted on Monday, October 07, 2002 - 02:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

When I double click on a .STL file, STLWORKS2 opens but not the file that I double clicked on. what do I need to do so that STLWORKS2 will open and the file that I double clicked on? Also if I double click on a .STL file while STLWORKS2 is running it will start a second STILWORKS2, how do I stop this?

Thanks for your help.

JEC
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

support (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 230
Posted on Monday, October 07, 2002 - 06:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The .STL file extension is used for more than one purpose on the MS Windows system. Since one of these is a system security file of some kind, we felt it was prudent to avoid a permanent association between STL files and StlWork. Some are not model design files and should not be opened by StlWork..

If double clicking on an STL file opens StlWork, it is probably because you have manually associated it with StlWork. The installation does not make that association. Do not double click an .STL file and you won't have the problem.

Fred Smith - IMService

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page