Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Empty toolpath files??

IMService Discussion Forum » SltWork » Empty toolpath files?? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tg (Tg)
Username: Tg

Post Number: 30
Posted on Wednesday, September 04, 2002 - 02:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am trying to use STLWorks after a long time away. I am getting tool paths generated with no problems, but when I save the tool path it just gives me a file with the following:
N100(Created 12:47:44 AM 9/4/2002 from ssi10A)
N105(Post = RS-274 No Lines)
N110(Tool 0 = )
N115(Begin Next Pass MYPASS at -0.200)

What am I doing wrong that the nice toolpaths that are displayed are not being output as g-code??

Tim
[Denver, CO]

support (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 159
Posted on Wednesday, September 04, 2002 - 08:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you generate the toolpaths after setting up your cutting strategies, without interruption?

Possibly something in your settings? Possibly test it with a coarse stepover to see if you get the same results

Can you get it to work with the softbox sample file to test that it is not your geometry file?

Fred Smith - IMService

Tg (Tg)
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 31
Posted on Wednesday, September 04, 2002 - 11:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes I am generating the toolpaths immediately after setting the single cutting strategy. I get perfect looking toolpaths displayed in STLWorks.

Just tried it with the softbox sample and I get the same result. Great looking toolpaths are displayed in STLWorks when I click generated toolpaths, but when I save them I get a g-code file that is comments only.

My version number is 2.1.0.1 if that makes any difference.

Confused in Denver,
Tim

Tg (Tg)
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 33
Posted on Thursday, September 05, 2002 - 01:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Problem solved even if not understood.

I just downloaded the newest version of STLWorks and installed it. Reports the same version number as what the previous install showed. Now when I do exactly the same think I am getting toolpaths in my G-code.

I had actually installed the problem version on a second computer to see if that made a difference and I got the same empty G-code on both machines.

Tim
[Denver, CO]

support (Support)

Post Number: 161
Posted on Thursday, September 05, 2002 - 02:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think there was a .cfg file missing from the original instalation that was probably fixed by reinstalling. It may be that the installation set from the download is newer than the one on an older Vector CD.

Glad you found it as I was going to suggest the same thing.

Fred Smith IMService

james tedesco
Username: Jim

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, April 27, 2009 - 04:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi
can attach a stl.file and you outline the
steps to change this file to a gcode with z in steps.iam new to cnc and do not know what it is iam doing wrong
thanks jim

Support

Post Number: 1606
Posted on Monday, April 27, 2009 - 07:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Follow the step by step directions in the help file under Creating Toolpaths.

P.S. the Z depth of cut is set by the Z-Step value

Fred Smith - IMService

james tedesco
Username: Jim

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, April 28, 2009 - 02:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi
i tryed the z- step value it worked.but i still
have a problem. i made this program with a digitzer top was zero .300 max depth.i used waterline got gcode.but i only got four z-0.020.can you tell me how to get more z-s or where i went wrong or where to find it in help
files thanks jim

Support

Post Number: 1608
Posted on Tuesday, April 28, 2009 - 03:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Waterline selection is by tangency angle. Only the blue triangles will be machined. Adjust the tangency angle and a different selection pattern will result( there is a slider and a text box to enter an exact value ). Waterline will not cut a flat surface. Make sure you set a small X-Y step, like .001 or .005, and the Z step is the distance you want to cut in Z, like the .020 in you previous post. If that does not get it, post a screen shot of your settings and the view of one of the quadrants so it is possible to see what you are trying to do.

Fred Smith - IMService

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page