Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

General Questions about STL works

IMService Discussion Forum » SltWork » General Questions about STL works « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robbie Dupree
Username: Toolfnatic

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, October 28, 2005 - 08:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does this version still output code in metric?
For some reason I can not get tool path to show correctly? I have uploaded the file i am trying to cut. Is there a post for Milltronics machine?
application/vnd.ms-pki.stlMold half
Control fin 0015.STL (4.9 k)

Support
Username: Support

Post Number: 1021
Posted on Friday, October 28, 2005 - 09:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The code is output in the units that are in the STL file.

In your case the file is about 50 inches wide.

If it should actually be 50/25.4, or approx 2 inches, you can either use the scaling function within StlWork, or change your stl settings in your design program to save in inches.

The output file is generic G-code, and should run on most CNC machines. You can edit the header and footer, file extension and comment characters in the options section. The format is the same as that used in DeskCNC. Those included with DeskCNC should be usable instead of the generic ones listed in posts.cfg file.

Fred Smith - IMService

Robbie Dupree

Post Number: 2
Posted on Friday, October 28, 2005 - 10:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

For some reason I can not get the tool path generator to work? I did scale using the .03937 and have move model or cursor to center. I also tried following the directions to cut the softbox and that does not work? For the post you mentioned the DeskCNC can I down load that post for that also? We had a previous version of STL but the computer has been relocated to another office, we had to fix the code some and it had some bugs but worked fine for what we do here.

Thanks or your help!

Robbie Dupree

Post Number: 3
Posted on Monday, October 31, 2005 - 11:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Actually I think I have figured it out when it is trying to create a tool path I was clicking female since I wanted to machine a cavity

Is there a way to figure out, say if I wanted no more scallop hieght of .001 thousand of 1"?

Support

Post Number: 1023
Posted on Monday, October 31, 2005 - 12:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Change the stepover distance then tab, the scallop height is automatically recalculated.

Fred Smith - IMService

Peter Chumley
Username: Chuck_norris

Posted on Sunday, February 19, 2006 - 05:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am completely new to 3D milling but i am looking to purchase a Step Four mill/router. The only thing i am sure of is that i need to have CAD software (i have Corel Draw 12), i then need to have something like StlWorks to work out the tool paths etc. but... if i have both of these, does that mean i do not need to purchase Step Fours own software? Will StlWorks do the milling part for me instead of their expensive software package.

Support

Post Number: 1211
Posted on Monday, February 27, 2006 - 08:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This chart shows the software relationships. Determine which parts Step Four has to determine which parts you need. StlWork is a CAM program.

Software Chart

Fred Smith - IMService

Mike Doell
Username: Miked

Posted on Tuesday, February 17, 2009 - 06:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just setup my new sherline cnc with deskcnc and was wondering what the error message "range check error" means and how I can avoid getting it again?

Thanks!
Mike

Support

Post Number: 1571
Posted on Tuesday, February 17, 2009 - 08:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Mike,

This forum area is for StlWork only. Please post in the proper forum.

Fred smith - IMService

Mike Doell

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, February 19, 2009 - 01:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Fred,

The discussion area for Deskcnc is locked and not available for posting. Which forum would you recommend?

Mike

Support

Post Number: 1572
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2009 - 07:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The DeskCNC forum at this web site has been closed to posting since last year. We left it up as an archival and searchable resource. The current DeskCNC support forum is private.

Contact our office for further details.

Fred Smith - IMService

Mike Doell

Post Number: 3
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2009 - 09:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

In your first message you say that I should post in the proper forum and then your next response is that I should call because there is no such forum. Really? If that's the case wouldnt it have been easier just to answer the question in the first place? Why wouldn't someone who has just purchased your software have access to a forum?

I don't doubt that the software is capable but your support style and lack of documentation is brutal.
Not that I think you care but you will never hear from me again.

Support

Post Number: 1574
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2009 - 10:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Mike,

All new IMService, DeskCNC customers receive free membership in the DeskCNC user forum. Access information is sent with your license code. If you didn't get the information or missed the access instructions in your paperwork, please contact our office for information on how to access it.

Fred Smith - IMService

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page