Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Scaling in STLworks2

IMService Discussion Forum » SltWork » Scaling in STLworks2 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Alf (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, May 12, 2005 - 12:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,
I have buyed STLworks and try to figure out how to scale my model. I have loaded the softbox (the tutorial-model provided with stlworks) and tried to scale it by the factor of 2, so I entered 2 in the Scale Factor blank and clicked "Scale". Before I did this, the LeftX were -2.2718, Bottom Y -2.2718 and Center X and Y where 0. After I clicked scale, the Center X and Y were 45434.6501.
Can somebody please tell me how to scale the model?
Also I have tried to work through the "Getting started" Tutorial in the Help file. I have entered "0.250" in the margin-blank in the "Cutting Strategies-Dialog". I expected, that the program add 0.250 to the stock in both directions. Insted the program added 250 units in both directions.

Thanks,
Alf Lewerken

Alf (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest
Posted on Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 01:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,
I have found the error. I had activated the german speach and language-sheme (maybe because I am a german beeing) and had therefore the wrong commata and decimal-points.
Maybe the software can be corrected for this language-sheme?

Bye,
Alf Lewerken

Support
Username: Support

Post Number: 857
Posted on Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 08:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Alf,

I will check if we can add the comma as a decimal character for German language usage.

Fred Smith - IMService

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous"
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page