Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Combining operations

IMService Discussion Forum » DeskCNC support discussions » Combining operations « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Phillip Judd (Phil1234)
Username: Phil1234

Post Number: 8
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2003 - 12:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can I do multiple operations with in a single DNC file?

For instance;

PCB: I create the tool path to cut traces save the file as DXF tool path go to the DXF editor to create the contour. The file now only contains contour info.

2D parts: I create the tool path for selected areas, then select different areas and change the tool, set a different depth then, create this tool path. The resulting file only contains info for the last operation.

So far it looks as though I need to generate many different files and run the different files separately to create one part. Is this the case?

Also, I have had no luck in moving the stating position with change first entity. I need this option in order to do double sided operations. This command changes the first entity in closed Region (I am hoping this will work to set the reference to both sides of the work). It can be useful to set the starting point of a toolpath loop. Can you explain how to use this command?

Editing g code;
The numbers for the lines of code donít allow for more than one line to be inserted. Is there away to generate the code using a count of every other 5 so more lines can be added?

Thanks,
Phil

support (Support)
Username: Support

Post Number: 657
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2003 - 02:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

1) Try saving CNC code into a previously created file. You are presented with two choices. Append or overwrite. Append means add to the end of the provious file. Have you tried this? What did you discover?

Why are you saving DXF tool paths?

2) Have you tried the mirror function under Edit in the PCB section?

3) In DXF tool path creation, turn on the numbers to see the effects of changing the start entity. Note you may have to explode and regroup the regions to make this work.

4) In Edit Mode, Renumber has increments. You can add additional lines that way, you can also just go to 4 instead of 3 numbers within the program. Block numbers are reference only and do not affect program execution.

To change the line numbering to always allow for addition of extranumbers you will have to change the line increment in the post processor. Under Post Processor Setup, on the General tab.

Fred Smith - IMService

Phillip Judd (Phil1234)

Post Number: 9
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2003 - 03:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

1) Try saving CNC code into a previously created file. You are presented with two choices. Append or overwrite. Append means add to the end of the provious file. Have you tried this? What did you discover?

Thanks Fred,

I did see the append and for some reason chose to ignore it. Iíll give it a shot.

Why are you saving DXF tool paths?

After I generated the tool path to cut the traces from my Gereber file I saved it as a tool path dxf. By your response I am guessing this is incorrect and I should have used saved as geometry dxf. I donít know the difference. I just wanted to route the traces and cut the board with one file. I still donít understand the board cut out options in the PCB menu.

2) Have you tried the mirror function under Edit in the PCB section?

No. What would this do for me?

3) In DXF tool path creation, turn on the numbers to see the effects of changing the start entity. Note you may have to explode and regroup the regions to make this work.

I will give it a shot.

4) In Edit Mode, Renumber has increments. You can add additional lines that way, you can also just go to 4 instead of 3 numbers within the program. Block numbers are reference only and do not affect program execution.

To change the line numbering to always allow for addition of extranumbers you will have to change the line increment in the post processor. Under Post Processor Setup, on the General tab.

Cool.

Fred Smith - IMService

Thanks again Fred,
Phil

support (Support)

Post Number: 658
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2003 - 11:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

1) Save the toolpaths as a toolpath .dnc file, that way you can append as many different tools and kinds of cuts in whatever order you want. You can also save each one to a different file-name if you want, for example if you don't have good control over safe tool changing. (a good idea for beginners)

2) Mirror sets up the geometry to cut from the bottom side. Same as a 90 degree rotation about the Y axis (flipping the board).

Fred Smith - IMService

Phillip Judd (Phil1234)
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 34
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2003 - 07:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

I have created Dnc a file that contains many different tool paths all append to one file. The line numbers are not continuous, they start over for every operation. Please see below.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
(Created 12:24:45 PM 7/12/03 from Leg1.dxf)
(Post = ISO G-Code - Non Modal)
(Tool 1 = .125 End)
N0001 T1 M06 S0
N0003 G81 X1.3750 Y1.2500 Z-0.3760 R0.5000 F120.00
N0005 G00 X1.3750 Y1.2500 Z0.5000
N0004M02
(Created 12:48:50 PM 7/12/03 from Leg1.dxf)
(Post = ISO G-Code - Non Modal)
(Tool 1 = .125 End)
(Finish Tool 1 = .125 End)
N0001 T1 M06 S10000
N0003 G00 X0.0000 Y0.0000 Z0.5000
N0005 G00 X2.8175 Y2.5000 Z0.5000
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I am using turbocam and it stops after the first operation and will not go any further. Is there a way to merge the line numbers so they don't start over? Is there a way to jump over these breaks in turbocam?

Thanks,
Phil

BClark (Bclark)
Intermediate Member
Username: Bclark

Post Number: 40
Posted on Sunday, July 13, 2003 - 03:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Phil,

I don't know turbocam, but M02 is "End of Program", so I don't think it is the line numbers that are causing your problem. Drop of M02 and try running your program again and see if you get any better results.

Bruce

support (Support)

Post Number: 717
Posted on Sunday, July 13, 2003 - 05:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you need to, you can edit the file in Edit mode, including find and replace.

Fred Smith - IMService

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page