Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help    
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View  

Program stops at line 697

IMService Discussion Forum » DeskCNC support discussions » Program stops at line 697 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

bud bosak
Username: Bud_b

Post Number: 8
Posted on Monday, February 06, 2006 - 06:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am trying to mill out this program xenascale.dnc it stop at line number 697 and blue light is blinking. I am using a 1/32 end mill in soft aluminum .005 deep It looks good only if it would finish the program.
Could you please take a look at this program the program was done in teksoft. Were can I find some help on setting tool offset and work offset in deskcnc I would like to try this next using g54 g55. In the mean time I am working on a list of thing that I need to order I will be sending it over the list soon.

text/plainprogram stops at line 697
xenascale.dnc (14.1 k)

bud bosak

Post Number: 8
Posted on Tuesday, February 14, 2006 - 09:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi fred
have you had a chance to run this program I email
the files over that you ask for.

Support
Username: Support

Post Number: 1183
Posted on Tuesday, February 14, 2006 - 02:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Bud, I finally got my mill setup again. I just ran it all the way through. It ran the whole program with no problem.

The only changes I made to your setup, were that on my mill the X and Z axes ran backwards with your settings. I changed that and the program ran exactly as it appeared on the screen preview.

It does seem strange that you have some Z lifts all the way up to 5.0 inches. After I reset my zero to just above the table, it ran without pause at 20 ipm.

If you are getting a servo fault at line 697, it may be that you are getting a binding condition just at that arc. I would check for too little lube, too tight on the backlash nuts, or a binding gib.

Fred Smith - IMService

bud bosak

Post Number: 9
Posted on Tuesday, February 14, 2006 - 05:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi fred I took the motors off the machine and ran the program with the motors on the bench it still stops at line n697.I dont have a problem taking deep cuts when milling its cuts good also I take
deep cuts with the lathe its also cuts good I use supper lube on the screw and slides.

bud bosak

Post Number: 10
Posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2006 - 04:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Fred

I have the x and z backwards this way for threading in the lathe and it finally works well and didnít
Want to change the encoder pig tail blue and yellow wires back. The z lifts up to 5.0 if the program
Would have ran up to this point I would have changed it to 2.0.I checked for binding and I use supper lube
So last night I took off the motors and ran them on the bench it still stops at the same line what else can I do.

bud bosak

Post Number: 11
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2006 - 10:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I did some more testing last night I bench test the motors off the machine I still had the lead screw hook up just the screw no nut for x and y
Axis still stops at line n697.Next I ran just motor assembly this time it stops at the first line. And the numbers keeping going they donít stop
Like when I run the program with the motors on the machine the numbers stop n697. Today I made a program of half of the letters and a second
Program with the other half of the letters it still stops with out finishing the program and not in the same spot. I also tried tri-flow superior lubrication
with Teflon still no luck If I canít mill out four simple letters then this system is useless to me what else can I try.

Support

Post Number: 1193
Posted on Monday, February 20, 2006 - 11:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bud, please call our office during business hours to trouble shoot this problem. It would be helpful if you can be at your machine with a phone in hand. I would recommend that you call on Tuesday as Mondays are tough to get me for an extended period of time.

Fred Smith - IMService

bud bosak

Post Number: 12
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2006 - 12:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Fred

We spoke over the phone and you explain to me how to check which servo driver board was fault it was hard to tell with all the axis blue lights blinking. You said to take off all four jumpersí wires green and black gnd ebl then run the program a watch for which axis blue light is blinking this time only the axis with the fault will be blinking the program ran fine no blinking lights ran other programs that also stop they ran fine I check for loose Wires put back the jumpers ran the program stops at n697

Support

Post Number: 1206
Posted on Monday, February 27, 2006 - 07:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We have narrowed the problem to either a marginal EBL harness or a marginal EBL circuit on one of the boards.

I would test the system with different combinations of X-Y, Y-Z, X-Z connected by the EBL(include A too if none of the combinations is a problem). You may want to try different connectors on the ebl harness between the boards too to see if one has a bad termination.

If X-Y faults and Y-Z faults, but X-Z does not, the problem board is probably the Y board. Using similar logic, we should be able to identify if there is a bad board.

We will swap either the EBL harness, or a bad board if we can verify that one or the other is the problem.

Fred Smith - IMService

bud bosak

Post Number: 13
Posted on Monday, February 27, 2006 - 05:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Fred
I tested the system with different combinations with the EBL harness on only the x-y and then y-z, z-x then x-y-z the program runs fine but when I try a-x, a-y, the program stops then runs and then stops and runs when I try a-z it stops at line n697.I will give you a call
2-28-06 at the office about 10:15 on my break

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page